Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: "Common sense is a more useful tool..."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Common sense is a more useful tool..."

thomas oliphant observes the diminishing allure of the far-right wing brand of fundamentalist extremism in virginia and extrapolates the current mood of the nation...
For a full generation, the very conservative state of Virginia has been attempting to instruct the rest of the country on the perils of grand political and ideological theory.

[...]

The uncomfortable truth for those who worship ideologies is that common sense is a more useful tool in facing this country's serious problems than rigid tenets.

[...]

In politics, the pendulum is always moving, and once again, Virginia is the primary reality check.

at this point, i'd be grateful for any kind of sense, common or otherwise...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page