Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Iran: miscalculating about miscalculating
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Iran: miscalculating about miscalculating

i believe that steve may be miscalculating that the u.s. could miscalculate its way into a war... my calculation is that is precisely what they're attempting to do and there's no miscalculation about it...
Energy Secretary Sam Bodman is saying that it will take three years for Americans to see gas prices fall again.

But that's if we don't bomb Iran, don't create an axis of oil states allied with Russia and China against America, and don't somehow disrupt oil flow from Venezuela.

What I learned from [a former foreign minister of a major nation] last night and a room full of extremely smart people is that there are forces escalating America's and Iran's tensions -- and a single serious miscalculation could dramatically alter America's position in the world -- and yet miscalculations are already abounding.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page